Last modified: March 21, 2017
Pipkins, Inc. (“Pipkins,” “We,” “Us,” or “Our”) respect all users (“YOU” or “YOUR”) privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
It does not apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Pipkins applications or websites; or
- YOU provide to or is collected by any third party.
Our website and other applications have their own privacy policies, which we encourage YOU to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 13.
The App is not intended for children under 13 years of age and We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If We learn We have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If YOU believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Legal@pipkins.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our App:
- Directly from YOU when you provide it to Us.
- Automatically when YOU use the App.
- From YOUR employer or affiliated entity
Information You Provide to Us. When YOU download, access, or use this App, We may ask YOU to provide information:
- That is about YOU but individually does not identify you, such as a Company ID, User ID and password, timestamps, schedule requests, and task identifiers.
- By which YOU may be personally identified, such as your User ID and password, and geo-physical location (“personal information”).
Information Collection and Tracking
When YOU download, access, and use the App, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When YOU access and use the App, We may automatically collect certain details of YOUR access to and use of the App, including location data, timestamps, schedule requests, log-in activity, and other communication data that YOU access and use on or through the App.
- Location Information. This App collects real-time information about the location of YOUR device. In using the Clock In/Out feature, this App stores and collects real-time information about the location of YOUR device. This location information is stored and transferred in connection with this App. YOUR location information is ONLY stored and transferred when YOU press the “Clock In” or “Clock Out” button on the Clock In/Out page. This App does not collect real-time information about the location of your device when the Clock In/Out feature is not activated, when YOU turn Off Location Tracking in the My Settings page, or when YOU Log Out of the App.
Third-Party Information Collection.
When YOU use the App or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about YOU or YOUR device. These third parties may include:
- YOUR mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about YOU or that YOU provide to us, including any personal information:
- To provide YOU with the App and App Content.
- Recognize YOU when YOU use the App.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which YOU provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any agreements entered into between You and Pipkins, or between Your employer or affiliated entity and Pipkins.
- To provide workforce management analytics, scheduling, and forecasting abilities based upon Your Information; such analytical information will not be shared with any third parties other than YOU or YOUR employer (including its affiliated entity) without your permission.
We use location information, timestamps, schedules, and task identifiers, we collect to share with Your employer or affiliated entity to provide information relevant to YOUR employer or affiliated entity and to promote efficiency and better performance between YOU and YOUR employer or affiliated entity.
- To notify YOU when App updates are available, and of changes to any services We offer or provide through it.
- To provide information collected from YOUR use of the App to Your employer or affiliated entity, who has entered into a separate Services Agreement with Pipkins that governs YOU as an Authorized User.
- In any other way We may describe when YOU provide the information.
- For any other purpose with YOUR consent.
Disclosure of Your Information.
We may disclose aggregated information about Our users, and non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to other parties for marketing, advertising, or other legitimate business uses.
- To Our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties We use to support the Pipkins Services and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Pipkins’ assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Pipkins about our App users is among the assets transferred.
- To YOUR employer or affiliated entity in performance of the Pipkins Services and pursuant to a Pipkins Services Agreement entered into between YOUR employer or affiliated entity and Pipkins.
- To fulfill the purpose for which YOU provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by Us when YOU provide the information.
- With YOUR consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce Our rights arising from any agreements entered into between YOU and Pipkins, including the Pipkins Mobile Application End User License Agreement.
- To enforce our rights arising from any agreements entered into between YOUR employer or affiliated entity and Pipkins, including the Pipkins Services Agreement.
- If We believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Pipkins, our customers, or others.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide YOU with choices regarding the personal information YOU provide to Us. We have created mechanisms to provide YOU to control certain uses and disclosures of over YOUR information.
- Location Information. You can choose whether or not to allow the App to collect and use real-time information about your device’s location through the device’s privacy settings or by turning of the Locating Tracking feature in the My Settings Page. If you disable or block the use of other tracking technologies, some parts of the App may then be inaccessible or not function properly.
We do not control YOUR employer or affiliated entity’s collection or use of YOUR information, Personal Information, or App Content. However, YOUR employer or affiliated entity may provide YOU with ways to choose not to have YOUR information collected or used in this way.
If you do not want us to use your information in this way, Opt out of the EULA in the My Settings page, delete and remove this App from YOUR Mobile Device.
We retain YOUR information and information stored and collected through this App for as long as We have a business or tax need or as applicable laws, regulations, or government orders require. Pipkins will use reasonable commercial efforts to dispose of and destroy YOUR information stored and collected through this App upon Termination of the Pipkins Services Agreement between Your employer or Affiliated Entity and Pipkins.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organizational measures designed to secure YOUR personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information YOU provide to Us is stored on Our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of YOUR information also depends on YOU. Where We have given YOU (or where YOU have chosen) a User ID and password for access to Our App, YOU are responsible for keeping this User ID and password confidential. We ask YOU not to share YOUR password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although We do our best to protect YOUR Personal Information, We cannot guarantee the security of YOUR Personal Information transmitted through our App. Any transmission of Personal Information is at YOUR own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures We provide.