Pipkins, Inc. was incorporated in 1983. Headquartered in St. Louis, Missouri, Pipkins has become the leading supplier of workforce management software and services to the contact center industry, providing sophisticated forecasting and scheduling technology for both the front and back office. We have facilities in Dallas, London, St. Louis and Houston. We need someone to manage our web servers and bring on new ones. The candidate needs to be able to configure web servers optimized for performance and security. Pipkins has about 100 customers accessing out product that is provided as a SAAS offering, the candidate needs to be able to manage web sites that has many customers with different releases levels of our product. One of the tasks will be to consolidate over time all the customers to be on one release. It will be a plus if the candidate can also help write web services for the product.
The Web Infrastructure Service Engineer role requires an individual who is well-grounded and has a hands-on understanding of server, and network and storage systems. An understanding of systems integration and automation, an eagerness to learn quickly, the ability to develop robust support models, and to apply new technologies and services are also necessary. We are looking for a motivated individual to work with a great team and enable cutting-edge projects through cloud infrastructures. This individual must encompass the ability to work independently and lead technical projects, have outstanding customer service skills, and the ability to help teams and projects successfully accomplish their objectives. The best candidate will be able to design and implement the infrastructure that deploys, monitors and scales out Pipkins cloud capabilities across their customer base. The position will provide many interesting, hard-core technical challenges, and as much responsibility as you can handle.
Duties and responsibilities
- Design, implement and maintain all hosted infrastructure and operational services
- Manage and monitor hosted infrastructure
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted partners.
- Apply patches and upgrades on a regular basis, and upgrade administrative tools and utilities. Configure / add new services as necessary
- Perform periodic performance reporting to support capacity planning.
- Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
- Design and implement scalability plan for all services including using shared file systems on the cloud.
- Re-evaluation of the existing stack and determine options to re-base on a new technology
- Extensive experience with SAAS environment
- Experience with automation/configuration management tools
- Experience with monitoring tool.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations and security particularly based on NIST RMF (SP800-53 security controls) and FedRAMP requirements.
- Knowledge of containerization a plus.
Job Type: Full-time
Benefits include medical and dental insurance, short and long term disability, life insurance, 401K, and PTO
For consideration, qualified candidates should email their cover letter and resume to Martha@pipkins.com.
No employment-related phone inquiries accepted.